Investment Potential for Edley’s BBQ Franchise Opportunities
There’s a reason Edley’s has been voted Nashville’s best barbecue time and time again.
We’re known for serving our delicious, signature dishes every day – plus our reputation for Southern hospitality.
Today, that hospitality extends to our growing franchisee family, too.
Our Unique Barbecue Personality
We first opened our doors in Nashville in 2011 with the hope of honoring Edley Newman’s legacy with a welcoming atmosphere and delicious food.
That’s still true today at each location, where we strive to carry on Edley’s legacy by treating our guests and team members like family.
It’s our Southern Soul and it guides us in everything we do, especially as our family grows with all bbq franchise opportunities.
Edley’s BBQ Restaurant Franchise Opportunities
We’re pretty proud that our average gross sales for franchises are nearly $3.2 million, which is 2x the industry average for Investment-to-Sales ratios.
And since barbecue restaurants make up just 2% of U.S. restaurants, the market is far from saturated.
Barbecue franchise opportunities are hot!
Why invest in Edley’s Bar-B-Que?
We might be biased, but here’s why we think Edley’s is a great bbq restaurant franchise opportunity.
- We do things the hard way. Everything is made fresh, and it shows: We smoke enough meat for the day and never use a microwave.
- Music is in our veins. It’s part of our vibe, and one of the things people love about our brand. Every location has its own hand-selected playlist.
- Other people think we’re great. We’ve been voted Best BBQ franchise in Tennessee multiple times and been featured in numerous publications.
Why Edley’s BBQ franchises? Bar-b-que is BIG!
Barbecue franchise opportunities are a reliable and resilient space within the restaurant industry. Unlike other restaurant spaces, barbecue has proven it can prosper in a wide range of economic conditions.
The price point and relaxed atmosphere consistently attracts a variety of demographics.
“Low and slow” barbecue popularity is at an all-time high!
- Barbecue items trended during 2020, helping restaurants keep their menus interesting and appealing.
- Traditional barbecue is considered comfort food, which is expected to lead the way in 2021’s dining choices.
- Barbecue ranked second in a National Restaurant Association culinary trend forecast, and 27% of chefs labeled barbecue a hot trend.
- People order barbecue! It is the 15th most popular menu type in terms of total number of units.
It’s not only barbecue that’s a good option – the fast-casual franchise industry is strong.
Edley’s is More than Just Good Barbecue
In our kitchens, we don’t take shortcuts: We smoke our meats low and slow every day, and treat every recipe with care.
In our restaurants, we believe in the importance of supporting our community and welcoming our guests like family.
In our partnerships, we want our franchisees to succeed and love Edley’s as much as we do. If you believe in hard work, Southern hospitality and delicious barbecue, An Edley’s BBQ restaurant franchise opportunity could be perfect for you.
Competitive Advantages of an Edley’s Barbecue Franchise
In addition to offering excellent food and drink experiences in each restaurant, Edley’s franchisees also benefit from other revenue streams. Our popular catering business is established, and we frequently cater weddings, holiday parties, and corporate meals. Additionally, some restaurants offer event space rentals and delivery.
- Exciting bar environments have a refreshing collection of cocktails, beer, and wine and a relaxing setting to enjoy them, including big screen tvs and our great custom-curated music.
- Online ordering simplifies take-out orders and keeps barbecue fans happy when they’re eating at home or work.
- Catering shares Edley’s barbecue favorites with our customers at their special events.
- Event spaces for parties, weddings, and other events give groups the complete Edley’s experience and our signature Southern hospitality.
- Retail shops sell signature sauces and seasonings, for a taste of Edley’s no matter where customers are located.
An Edley’s BBQ franchise offers customers more than just a barbecue menu – which means owners have more potential revenue streams.
The Ideal Edley’s Bar-B-Que Franchisee
Edley’s is seeking owner-operators as franchisees who want to create a sense of community through the Edley’s brand.
What makes an ideal Edley’s franchisee?
- You love creating memorable experiences for people
- You’re an extrovert
- You aren’t afraid to do things the hard way
- You appreciate “all things Southern”
- You have restaurant experience
- You have $550,000 in liquid capital
Find Out How Edley’s BBQ Business Started
Edley’s Bar-B-Que is named in honor of the late Edley Newman. Edley was born in 1907 in the small town of Viola, Tennessee, where he lived most of his life.
He left a legacy of generosity, hard work and southern hospitality that inspired his children and grandchildren, one of whom is original Edley’s restaurant owner Will Newman.
Edley Newman’s spirit lives on in our barbecue restaurants, truly a “A Tribute to All Things Southern.”
Learn about the BBQ franchise industry and what sets us apart from the competition