MEET OUR BBQ FRANCHISE OPPORTUNITY
At Edley’s BBQ Franchise, we focus on our guests overall experience while showcasing a unique Nashville personality.
We strive to serve the best food we can make and prove ourselves one plate at a time.
- We offer counter service and a full-service experience for guests.
- Catering and retail offer additional revenue streams.
- And our units are anything but cookie-cutter: each has its own unique vibe and “seasoned & grit” design elements with lively outdoor seating areas.
If you like the idea of welcoming guests as old family friends, we’d love to welcome you to our barbecue franchises family.
Learn about the BBQ industry and what sets us apart from the competition
Why Edley's bbq franchise?
- We do things the hard way. Why? Because it’s better that way. We only smoke enough meat for the day, and we never use a microwave. Everything is made fresh, and it shows.
- Music is in our veins. It’s part of our vibe, and what people love about the brand. Every location has its own hand-selected playlist.
- Other people think we’re great. We’ve been voted Best BBQ by the readers of the Nashville Scene four years in a row.
- We have the attention of the media. Edley’s has been featured in publications like Garden & Gun, Southern Living, Nashville Lifestyles, The Tennessean, The Huffington Post, Delta’s Magazine, and Virgin Australia.
- Our guests are family. Our warm welcome makes us stand out from other bar-b-que franchises.
BAR-B-QUE BUSINEES IS BOOMING
If you’re looking for a franchise in a lucrative market, this barbecue franchise opportunity is ideal for you because:
- 95% of Americans like bar-b-que.
- Over 30% eat bar-b-que or bar-b-que-sauced foods weekly.
- 58% of bar-b-que restaurants have been operating for at least five years, proving their longevity.
- BBQ restaurants make up just 2% of US restaurants, showing that the market is far from saturated.
AND REVENUE POTENTIAL
Naturally, you’re wondering whether Edley’s BBQ franchises are a good investment, and how much you can make. We're pretty proud that your initial sales to investment ratio will run at about a 2:1 ratio for your first year, which is well above industry standards.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN FRANCHISEES
Total Investment: $1,168,500 to $1,649,500
(Refer to our FDD Item 7 for specifics on startup costs.)
Minimum Liquid Capital: $550,000
Minimum Net Worth: $1.25M
We assist with financing to qualified candidates through preferred vendor partners.
JOIN THE EDLEY'S BBQ FRANCHISE FAMILY
We are interested in partnering with the right people in the right places.
We currently have four locations, but with the media attention we’ve gotten, demand for expansion is high.
We are looking to expand in Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, and Alabama, and are also growing into other Southern and Midwest states. (Our first bbq franchise location will open in late 2020 in Illinois.)
We hold certain values that we call "Our Southern Soul" close, and we look for franchisees who do, too. We are...
- We are doers that do it the hard way.
- We are relentless on standards and kind on people.
- We are positive people that treat our guests and team members as family.
- We are passionate that Edley's be the best.
Do you have a Southern Soul? We want to hear from you!
HOW WE HELP OUR
We consider our franchisees as part of the Edley’s family and treat them as such. Not only do we offer in-depth training, both as part of your onboarding as well as throughout your ownership of a franchise location, but we also help you choose your site and negotiate terms for the best location.
We help you with your buildout, right up to your opening day, and then our opening support and training team is there to lend a hand.
We’ll also assist with marketing strategies that will help starting a bbq business. We'll be guiding you to leverage the tools we’ve established, as well as advising you on your local store marketing plan.
We are here to help you succeed, and will do whatever you need as your franchise partner. That’s the Southern hospitality we’re known for!
OUR MANAGERS AND EMPLOYEES
As a franchisee, you have the potential to create more than a work environment. Our team members feel that Edley’s is more like a family than a job. Watch and listen for yourself what team members have to say about Edley’s Bar-B-Que.
MEET WILL, OUR FOUNDER AND CEO
Will Newman almost became a lawyer. He studied at the University of Alabama School of Law, but felt entrepreneurship—and bar-b-que—pulling him in a different direction.
He and his wife, Catharine, opened Edley’s Bar-B-Que in 2011, naming it after his late grandfather, Edley Newman, who was known for his generosity, hard work, and appreciation of “All Things Southern.”
Thanks to the growing demand of Edley’s, Will is excited to talk about our bbq franchises for sale.
Learn about the BBQ franchise industry and what sets us apart from the competition